Easy Steps to Clean Coffee Stains
How to Remove Coffee Stains From Car Seats
If coffee is an essential part of your morning then you have probably been there when you accidentally spill coffee of your car seats. Don’t worry, it’s a common accident but if you leave the stain untreated it can look unsightly and it can even start to give off a stale odor. No need to get upset or frustrated, we are here to help. Here are steps on how to remove coffee stains from car seats.
- Try to soak up as much as possible with a paper towel, old towel or whatever else you have. Try to get to this right away before the coffee stain dries.
- Use a diluted all purpose cleaner to apply to the affected area. Spray it on, let it sit for a moment then work it in with a microfiber towel. You may need to repeat this step.
- A designated upholstery cleaning product should be applied to the area and worked over with a damp microfiber towel or an appropriate brush.
- After cleaning, use a wet vac with warm water to extract the area. If you do not have a wet vac, using a vacuum cleaner will be just as suitable.
If you do not have designated upholstery cleaner to apply to the coffee stain, then another option would be to mix a solution of 2 parts water, 1 part white vinegar and a squirt of liquid dish soap into a small bowl. This mixture can then be used to clean the coffee stain.
How to Remove Coffee Stains From Leather Seats
If you have leather seats in you vehicle, then handling a coffee spill is quite different than cloth. While leather is durable, it is also still prone to staining and getting dirty. Here are steps on how to remove coffee stains from leather seats.
- Wipe up as much of the spill as you can, immediately.
- Ideally, you should use a cleaner made specifically for leather to keep your seats clean and to protect them.
- If you do not have leather cleaner, you can combine I part white vinegar and 2 parts linseed oil in a bowl or spray bottle.
- Use a soft-bristled brush to gently scrub the leather.
- Use a clean and dry microfiber cloth to wipe off the cleaning agent.
So if you spill your coffee on your way to work, don’t let it ruin your day. Just remember these quick and easy steps to ensure that your seats remain in their best condition. Remember to look for any spots that splashed up when your coffee spilled as well and clean those as soon as you can. If you have a spill or stain that cannot be undone, then let the professionals help. See our detailing center at Arlington Toyota and let us help you get your car looking like new again.