Step-by-Step Guide: Connecting Alexa to a Toyota
Connecting your Toyota vehicle to your Amazon account means that you can use Alexa to start your car, lock and unlock it, and check your fuel level. That functionality is really neat, but how exactly do you go about connecting them? The steps aren’t necessarily super obvious. Don’t worry, we’re here to help.
Here’s how to connect to Amazon Alexa to a Toyota.
Step-by-Step Amazon Alexa Connecting
There are quite a few steps to connect Alexa to your Toyota, but the steps themselves are pretty easy:
- Download and setup Entune™ 3.0 App from either the App Store if you have an iPhone or the Google Play Store if you have and Android.
- Download and install Toyota+Alexa from either the App Store or the Google Play Store.
- Open Toyota+Alexa on your smartphone and press “Get Started.”
- Hit “Open” to pair your Amazon account with the Toyota+Alexa app.
- Sign in with your Amazon credentials and accept terms and conditions.
- Enable Alexa Voice Services by hitting “Turn on microphone to use Alexa.” Press “OK.”
- To use Location Based Voice Services, tap “Use my current location,” then “Always allow.”
- For Navigation apps, tap “Allow notifications for navigation,” then “Allow.”
- Make sure your Toyota is paired to your phone via Bluetooth.
- A basic tutorial on how to use Alexa in your Toyota will show for first-time users; this is always available via the settings menu in the Toyota+Alexa app.
And that’s it. It looks more intimidating than it actually is. Enjoy your own digital chauffeur!
Need More Assistance?
Give us a call or send us a message! We’d be happy to answer any questions you have or help you out with any issues. If it seems like something might be wrong with your Toyota, schedule an appointment with our fantastic service department.