How to Change the Battery in Your Toyota’s Key Fob
Having issues with your Toyota’s key fob or it just not working at all. Chances are it just needs a new battery. Replacing the battery of your vehicle’s key fob is simple and quick. Take a look at our helpful steps below on how to change the battery in your Toyota’s key fob. If you need assistance or have a damaged key fob, call us today at Arlington Toyota and we can help.
Instructions on How to Replace Battery in Your Vehicle’s Key Fob
If you need to replace your vehicle’s key fob battery, take a look at these easy to follow instructions:
- Press the button on the side of the key fob to eject the metal ignition key
- Set key aside
- Inside a small flat device into the notch on the bottom edge of the fob where the metal ignition key used to be
- Use the device to gently pry apart the two halves of the key fob
- Remove the green circuit board out of the base of the case using your device
- The back of the circuit board houses the battery. To change, gently pry out the battery and replace with a new CR 2032 3V battery, negative side down
- Reassemble key fob by reversing instructions
After replacing your vehicle’s key fob battery, it should be good to go. If you are experiencing more issues or the same issues please contact us at Arlington Toyota and we will be more than happy to assist you. You can also find more Toyota Tips in our blog as well as other Toyota news and updates.